long ago far away and so much better than it is today
1. The president didn’t claim the right to kill American citizens without “the due process of law.”
2. We didn’t have a secret “terrorism-industrial complex.”
3. Organized labor was accepted as part of the social landscape.
4. The government had to get a warrant before it could tap your phone.
5. The infrastructure was being expanded and strengthened.
6. College was cheap.
7. We had a president who called for a “war on poverty.”
8. We had a president who warned against “the excessive power of the military-industrial complex.”